SENSORY- ENHANCED YOGA® FOR SELF-REGULATION AND TRAUMA HEALING
Our 16 -hour Workshop for Health Professionals (offered in a 2-day or 3-day format):
Sensory-Enhanced Yoga® for Self-Regulation & Trauma Healing is designed especially for occupational therapists (OTs & OTAs,) physical therapists, mental health professionals, nurses, and other licensed health professionals who wish to incorporate evidence-based, trauma-sensitive yoga techniques into their professional practices to maximize healing from combat stress, PTSD, anxiety, and related autonomic nervous system disorders. Yoga experience is helpful but not required. The workshop includes several paired teaching practices and a larger group experiential lab.
Help Your Clients Meet The Following Goals:
» Effectively manage stress before it leads to emotional dysregulation and/or inappropriate behaviors.
» Develop emotional resiliency, that is, the ability to rise to meet a challenge or threat as well as easily calm once it has passed.
» Decrease hypervigilance and overreaction to sensory input (e.g. visual, crowds, touch, noise, movement).
» Improve quality of sleep and energy level to support wellness and enhance daily
» Decrease intrusive thoughts by learning to become present through breath and body awareness.
» Enhance one’s sense of self-worth and personal empowerment.
Sensory-Enhanced Yoga® is closely informed by the highly successful treatment protocol used with deployed military personnel in Kirkuk, Iraq, which Lynn co-developed; her experience teaching veterans in her local community; as well as her many years of experience as a sensory integration certified occupational therapist, registered yoga instructor, and IAYT-certified yoga therapist. The program has also evolved from the contributions of its exceptional SEYI faculty.
The program applies techniques from sensory-based OT practices as well as recent findings from the fields of neurobiology and trauma psychology to address the core symptoms of PTSD. Participants are also taught how to create a “safe container” for students, both physically and psychologically, in which healing can occur.
- Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association: Approved for 12 Category 1 Contact Hours. MaMHCA Authorization 19-0255
- Rhode Island Mental Health Counselors Association: Approved for 16 Contact Hours
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association: Approved for 16 Contact Hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists: Approved for 16 Contact Hours
- This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886766063-7737) for 16 continuing education contact hours.
- This program can be used towards National Board for the Certification of Occupational Therapists (NBCOT) renewal requirements for a total of 16 PDUs/16 Contact Hours.
- YACEP- All lead faculty of currently advertised workshops are Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Providers. These workshops qualify for 16 Contact Hours through Yoga Alliance.
- Please contact email@example.com to inquire about other professions.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Participants of all locations will receive 25% off the retail cost of the 296- page book, which is required for the course, plus free shipping. You will be offered the opportunity to purchase the book during registration.
Please note: If you are both a licensed health professional and an RYT, please use the registration form on the page for health professionals and list your RYT status under “other certifications”.
Our 2020 workshops will be announced soon! Please fill out the form below if you would like to be notified.
*Important Note: Asterisked workshops will be designed for both health professionals and RYTs and be held in a combined format.The course is listed separately for RYTs and health professionals in accordance with Yoga Alliance regulations which state that RYTs are not qualified to treat any medical condition. Therefore, the workshop title and learning objectives are modified accordingly for RYTs.